Saturday, April 28, 2012

Getting used to this and a gradient!

I think it's gonna take a little time for me to get used to posting regularly. Anyway, sorry for the gap, all 93 of my readers, but I'll try and make it worth it! In the time I've been away, I've done a few mani's, but I haven't been ggreat about documenting them: you know, the ones you're not ashamed of but that just aren't worth sharing? Well, I did get at least one good one in there-
A glitter gradient! Yay! I finally manned up and tried the sponge technique, and I think I really prefer it to doing it manually.
So you've seen the tutorials all over the internet, I won't bore you with a step by step. I'll give you just the basics on this one :]
Here are the spongies I used, just the $2 from... target, I think? Or is up&up a kroger brand? Anyway, nothing fancy. You can find them anywhere.
And here's a... very unfortunately blurry shot of my colors: both cheapo sinful colors, in black on black and frenzy.
While I'm using my phone camera and it's impossible to take better than decent pictures, frenzy is stunning. It caught my eye out of a wall of essie and opi, so you know it's something. It's a bright violet and almost sky blue microglitter. Stunning.
And here is the final result!
Ignoring my less than perfect cuticles, I think it came out pretty well!
I'm working on some Tiffany nails as we speak, so I promise a new post soon!

Thanks for stopping by :]

No comments:

Post a Comment